Welcome to St. Constantine’s, a community of Orthodox Christians in the City of York. We are part of the Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland, and practice the One, Holy, Catholic Faith given to us through tradition by the Apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Whether you are a practising Orthodox Christian looking for a local parish, a religious ‘seeker’, or simply curious, you are warmly welcome at our regular services. You will find all the information you need here, or you may contact the clergy by email.
St Constantine’s on the move!
Throughout the summer our usual home, the chapel at York St John, will close for renovation.
The Orthodox Community of St Constantine will not close! We shall continue to meet for the Divine Liturgy Sunday by Sunday in two different places in York.
Arrangements for our services are as follows:
May 27th – June 24th
- We can continue to use the car park at Park Grove School – 12 mins walk away (see map).
- Morrison’s car park on Foss Island Road – closer and also free, but strictly limited to 2 hrs maximum.
- Use York’s Park and Ride service. Several routes will bring you close to St Cuthbert’s. You can find details of the routes at https://www.itravelyork.info/park-and-ride
July 1st – August 18th
- The car park at Park Grove School – 8 mins walk away (see map).
- If you arrive early there may be space in the campus car park.
We are very grateful to the people of St. Michael-le-Belfrey Church for kindly allowing us to use St Cuthbert’s Church, and to the University authorities for finding us alternative accommodation.
For further information about how the interior of the University Chapel will look after the alteration work has been completed, please visit the YSJ Chaplaincy web page.